The right service plan for you
Help keep your furnace and air conditioner equipment in top shape and even save on utility bills
With a service plan, you pay a monthly or annual fee in exchange for regular maintenance for your heating and cooling equipment. This helps to make sure your home's HVAC system is running smoothly all year long, and helps to maintain top performance for the life of the equipment. When looking for a good service plan, here are a few things to consider:
Make sure your plan covers the basics: tune-ups, savings on services, repairs and products
- Two tune-ups a year – Should include one tune-up for your air conditioner in the spring and one in the fall for your furnace.
- % off of repairs – Look for discounts off of the flat rate book pricing.
- % off of home comfort improvement products – Get savings on purifiers, programmable thermostats and air quality products as well.
Be treated better: Your service plan membership should include convenient priority scheduling options
- Pre-book appointments – Be sure your company keeps track of the date and gives you a confirmation call to make sure the appointment still fits into your schedule.
- Priority scheduling for repairs and emergencies – Get a first available appointment during busy business periods such as in winter and summer.
- Favorite technician requests – Request the technician you know and trust.
- Preferred appointments for service and tune-ups – Insist that your technician is on time within a 20-minute window and that you will receive a phone call to give you an estimated arrival time.
Be sure your service plan or agreement makes it easy to transfer in case you move
- Transfer your service plan to a new homeowner if you sell your home.
- Transfer your service plan to a new home, if you relocate to a new home in a True Air service area.
- Automatically renew your membership.
Want a service plan that includes everything you're looking for and more? Talk to a True Home Heating and Cooling energy specialist today. Call now.